1. Make sure your phone settings allow you to receive alerts from NLalert.
2. If you don’t have smoke detectors in your home, order and install them now.
3. Download the free Red Cross First Aid app (and more) to receive expert advice for everyday emergencies.
4. Learn how to switch off the electricity, gas and water.
5. Check your home’s risk of flooding.
6. Find out the location of your nearest Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
7. Change your online passwords so that you have a different one for each account.
8. Store an emergency package at a high and dry spot in your house (think about bottles of water, waterproof matches, toolbox, blankets, first aid kit and non-perishable food).
9. Learn at least one relative or friend’s phone number by heart so you can contact them in case of an emergency.
10. Download the BurgernetApp to contribute to the safety in your neighbourhood.